Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Festival of the West

There was a wonderful event in Scottsdale, AZ last weekend. I had the pleasure to be there and thought I'd share some thoughts. Hope to see you there next year.

FESTIVAL OF THE WEST

You know what attracts us
to this rock, dirt and cactus?
Cowgirls are good looking,
there’s Chuck-wagon cooking.
Rope spinners do tricks,
there’s food on a stick.
Re-enactors are dandy,
there’s pink cotton candy.
Trick pistol spinners
and real cowboy dinners.
Fried funnel cakes,
Chicken fried steaks,
potatoes and beans.
I loosen my jeans.
I admit, I’m a gobbler
for Dutch oven cobbler.
There are movie stars,
ice cream bars
Cowboy singers,
western swingers,
Poets and pastry
that’s ever so tasty.
Furniture makers,
fruit pie bakers,
Panel discussions,
Blueberry muffins,
Kids in chaps,
Nobody naps
There’s Bob Boze Bell,
with True Stories to tell
We came for the fun
and when all was done
We find we’ve been blessed
by this Fest of the West.

No comments:

Post a Comment