Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Southern Cross Revisited

For years, everytime I hear Crosby,Still and Nash sing Southern Cross, I just stop and sing along. Well, a while back I started toying with the words and think I've turned that dynamic sing-along melody into something that could be used in worship. So, if you know a church music director who is old enough to appreciate CSN...pass this on. And you can find Southern Cross on YouTube and sing along.

Southern Cross Revisited
I heard the call as a child; it didn’t change me
I learned it all but then, I turned away
I was livin for myself on the outside
Twas a downhill run to judgement day.
Though I’ve sinned in my journey
God has been faithful.
The Holy Spirit has been sent to
guide me on my way
Thru the noisy world His quiet voice
was there to call me
and then one night I realized
just why I’d run away.

Think about how many times I have fallen
Satan accuses me and I end up stallin’
But heaven assures me that all will be forgotten
Jesus came to save us from our sin,
so repent and live again
For God’s Love can endure
And you know it will.
When I truly saw the cross for the first time
I understood why Jesus came this way.
Cause the truth that had been hidden
was seen clearly
And it’s as bright as God’s promise;
the glory of a comin’ day
Now, I’m living for the Lord,
my hope in glory
And my faith is an anchor holding me
tight to the Holy claim
that when I slip, my sins will be forgiven
by the one who conquered death
and Jesus is His name.

Think about how many times you have fallen
When Satan accuses you, do you end up stallin’?
But heaven assures us that all will be forgotten
Jesus came to save us from our sin, so repent and live again
For God’s Love can endure

And you know it will.
And you know it will.

So we’re tempted and we’re tried
and molested
And though sometimes we fail
remember what to do
You will survive being tested
Jesus the Lord will be there
And God’s Grace will see you thru
Look upon the cross

Jeff Hildebrandt © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment