Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rush to Judgment

As quickly as the tempest troubled the teapot, the storm subsided and we are left to wonder what all the fuss was about. Why were so many people up-in-arms when a professional trouble-maker, who is hired to aggravate the masses, did his job so well that he got several days of national publicity? What's the lesson here?

Rush to Judgment

First, I want to make it clear
I don’t condone his action here
but let me say I understand
saying more than he had planned.

I’ve done it more than once or twice
and, yes, I’ve had to pay the price.

His opposition was delighted
that Rush Limbaugh got so excited
he used some words he shouldn’t use.
And that became much bigger news
than any point he tried to make.
The slurs he used were a mistake.
He publicly has been chastised.
He’s publicly apologized.

I, for one, think that’s enough.
Let’s look at more important stuff.

Like, what the devil’s going on
now that Timmy Tebow’s gone
from Denver to the New York Jets?
I hope he doesn’t have regrets
and hope he finds new friend’s who’ll pray
and keep him on the narrow way.

I also hope the same for you.
That’s the least that I can do.

But, maybe “least” is not correct
when you analyze a prayer’s affect.
Every need or person mentioned
focuses the Lord’s attention
and opens doors to intervention.
And that is really my intention.

So let me rap this rhyme by stressing
I pray you will feel God’s blessing.
Remember, you can do the same;
lift others up in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Jeff Hildebrandt © April 4, 2012

I bet that's not where you expected this to go, is it? Maybe the lesson is that instead of a rush to judgment, we need a rush to intercession. Hmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment