Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Big Iron

I know, I know, there are times when I should leave well enough alone. This may have been one of those times.

Big Iron

To the world of western music
came an outlaw one fine day.
His tunes would touch the masses
and they still are played today.
And if I can be forgiven
for a little PC slip
I’ll re-write some Marty Robbins
for a short nostalgic trip…a short nostalgic trip.
To a town in Colorado
rode a stranger one fine day.
She got lots of folks around her
when she stopped to make her play.
Everyone could tell her business;
they brought dresses, shirts and slips,
cause she came to press their laundry
with that big iron on her hip…big iron on her hip.

Jeff Hildebrandt © May 30, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment