Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Monday, July 9, 2012

Remembering Ernest Borgnine

I had the chance to chat with Mr. Borgnine about several of the Western movies he’d made, including The Wild Bunch and what it was like to work with Sam Peckinpah.

“We'd have a long, long, way to go before we find another Sam Peckinpah. He loved actors... loved to work them. I found him to be the one of the nicest, most wonderful directors in the world.” Peckinpah is well known for his demons but not so well known for his doubts. Ernie continued, “ I'll never forget the day when we had just finished a segment of the picture. He said I don't know I'm afraid of what we're going to get into here. And I said Sam, let it all hang out. And that's exactly what he did. A lot of blood. And a lot of shooting. I thought for sure we were going to get terrible, terrible reviews. And of course it became a classic. Sam knew how to shoot a good movie and I'm very proud of the Wild Bunch.”

I just thought you might appreciate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment