Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Friday, October 8, 2010

I'd like to give my boss the bird!

I’d like to give my boss “The Bird”.
I mean that from my heart.
But so many folks deserve it
I don’t know where to start.
Our Congressmen and Senators
should get it on the hill
along with special interest groups
who ask for cash refills.
While thinking of some sermons
and preaching that I’ve heard;
It strikes me that some ministers
should also get “The Bird”.

By now, you must be wondering
how I can be so rude.
So, let me tell you what’s behind
my bird-brained attitude.
On the day that Christ was baptized,
from the heavens up above,
The Holy Ghost descended
and appeared just like a Dove.

So, when I wish someone “The Bird”
I’m hoping that they find
The Spirit of Almighty God
will change their heart and mind.
Without God’s Holy Spirit
we are deaf to truths we’ve heard.
We cannot truly know the Lord
until we get “The Bird”.

Jeff Hildebrandt © 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment