Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Friday, October 22, 2010

White Line Fever

In my business, we're told to think outside the box. It makes me wonder who created the box in the first place...and why? The problem I've found with those who want us to think outside the box, is that they really want us to think inside their box. If you understand, fine. If you don't, well, that's fine too. That really has very little to do with what's coming next. Unless you see a parallel between outside the box and off the beaten path.

WHITE LINE FEVER

4 lane blacktop.
Drive fast, don’t stop
don’t think, don’t blink, don’t turn;
heartburn.
White lines separate
what I love and what I hate.
Feel the stress, deadlines,
I’m oppressed inside the lines.

Off the road I unload,
take a minute, glory in it
Choya cactus, yellow flowers,
a pony perch in floral bowers
It takes some time but I unwind

when I play outside the lines.

Jeff Hildebrandt copyright 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment