Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

Mountains in the Mirror

Here's a few lines from the book, starting on page 42 that are meant to remind us of the Glory that surrounds us.

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” Psalm 19:1

When you find yourself up to your eyeballs in religion, take a few moments to smell the flowers, watch a bird in flight or think about what keeps your heart beating. Look around at everything God put in front of you to remind you of His love.

“I see so much of Gods work in the beauty in our great outdoors, the trees, grass, flowers, dirt, water, air, sun, sky, birds, and the many animals. As well as feel his presence in each one of those! Walking outdoors I take a deep sigh and I thank God for it all.”
Dean Smith Actor-Stuntman

Mountains in the Mirror

There are mountains in the mirror
as I drive to work each day
and I can’t help but watch them
at each stoplight on the way.
Through the brown and leafless branches,
past the foothills, dark and dry,
God’s majestic handiwork
juts upward to the sky.
And if I leave for home in time
there is glory to behold
as the sun sets past those mountains
and the sky is pink and gold.
Do you think it’s just coincidence
or was it pre-arranged
that what I see each way to work
is God’s mighty mountain range?
The sight lifts up my spirit
and I thank God right out loud.
for the beauty He’s created
mixing peaks with sky and clouds.
There are many things reminding me
to praise the Lord of Hosts
but the mountains in the mirror…
that’s the one I like the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment