Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sayin' Ain't Bein'

Since you didn't have a chance to buy my book, "Sayin' Ain't Bein"
I thought I'd share some of the poetry and observations from that book.
I have a new book that expands on some of the same principals.
It's called, "Ridin' for the Boss and the Brand."
I'll get into that later.


Sayin’ Ain’t Bein’

Sayin’ you’re a cowboy don’t carry too much weight
if you never rode a fence line or fixed a saggin’ gate.
Dressed up all in denim with your boots and western hat,
you may look just like a cowboy but that’s not where it’s at.
A cowboy is a cowboy from way down deep inside.
He’s along to make a difference, not merely for the ride.
Sayin’ you’re a Christian is just about the same
if you’ve never trusted in the saving power of Jesus’ name.
Dressed up in your Sunday best for all the world to see
you may look just like a Christian, but you’re just a “wanna be.” *
A Christian has been changed by God from way down deep inside
and is here to make a difference not merely for the ride.


"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter
the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my
Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day,
'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name
and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you.
Away from me, you evildoers!” Matthew 7: 21-23

I believe the same God who created the universe also created human beings with free will so we are able to love Him in a way that’s more than mouthing a ritual of praise.
I believe everything from Abraham to Christmas were clues to His ultimate plan.
From Christmas to the Cross we see how the plan played out.
From the Cross to the end of your life is how you show your love for His gift of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment