Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Cowboy Considers Creation

This is what you might consider "free verse" poetry.
I guess, since it's posted on the web, it is definately FREE verse.
I hope, in this case, you get more than what you pay for.

A Cowboy Considers Creation

I saw the Rockies;
snow capped and glistening
and thought how beautiful.
I saw the sunset explode with color
behind the peaks
and thought it can’t get any better.

I saw the Kansas prairie;
a tall grass table for buffalo and beef
and thought how marvelous.
I felt the wind on my face
and sucked in the smell of a stream
then thought how lucky I am.

I saw the night sky
and was immersed in the moon and stars
while thinking about the One who put them there.
All I can say is thanks
and wonder why you’d even think of me
when the heavens declare your glory.

I thought of Your Son,
Your sacrifice, Your saving grace
and thought how unworthy I am.
But You did it all for me.
That’s why You’re God and I’m not.

May you see God’s handiwork every day.

Jeff Hildebrandt © 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment