Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Quest

A friend, Marta Lane, posted this reminder on her blog (Follow My Dream.blogspot.com): Albert Einstein said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. He was a very wise man who makes very tasty bagels....What? Oh, sorry, not the same Einstein. Well, Marta's blog is about the dream she and her husband, Dan, had to simplify their lives and move to Hawaii. She is a great writer and I really enjoy her stories. This poem is about being active, not passive, when it comes to things that must be done.

The Quest
I can see a horse at sunset
with a cowboy riding west.
See him wave to those he’s leaving
as he takes off on his quest
to find what he’s been missing;
to cure what gnaws inside
that’s kept him so dern restless
and so unsatisfied.
He’s tired of Technicolor
and just wants black and white
where truth cannot be shaded;
things are either wrong or right.
I imagine I’m that cowboy;
that I have the guts to go
and live outside my comfort zone
in a way that truly shows
that I believe God loves me.
And if I let Him lead,
my needs will all be satisfied
and I’ll be blessed indeed.
I’m tired of straddling fences.
It’s time I took a stand
and lived life telling others
of the glory that God’s planned.
I’m tired of worldly worship
that panders to the lost.
The Bible says God’s drawn a line
that none of us should cross.
There is glory when “The Son” shines
as we’re riding for God’s brand
with love and understanding
and a pair of helping hands.
Eternal life for everyone
should be our quest, of course.
So, remember why you’re riding;
God can’t lead a stabled horse.

Jeff Hildebrandt © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment