Christian Cowboy Poetry and more

Christian Cowboy Poetry and more
Available thru rangerhymer@hotmail.com

Friday, August 27, 2010

When you're wrong...

He stood there in the forest
surrounded by the trees
alone with just his future plans
and all his memories.
He stood there in the forest;
not lost, but all alone.
He picked this place on purpose.
No calls came on his phone,
nobody interrupted,
nobody criticized,
nobody told him what to do.
But then he realized
there is one truth he can’t ignore.
He’d learned it from his mom.
Even if no woman hears it,
what he says is prob’ly wrong.

Jeff Hildebrandt © 8/23/2010

I know, I know, you've heard the joke. This was just a poetic exercise to contextualize it. I hear a voice in the back of my head saying I should have kept it to myself...the voice sounds...female. The voice is not disagreeing, it just says I was wrong to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment